Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology (E-JUST), photo via official FB page
CAIRO - 16 January 2020: JICA Egypt Office announced, on Thursday the opening of the scholarship program for African countries at Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology (E-JUST) starting from September 2020 under the collaboration of Egyptian and Japanese governments.
According to official statement, this scholarship program is one of the activities to cultivate Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) skills of human resources who will contribute to the development of African countries, which was raised at “Yokohama Plan of Actions 2019” during TICAD7 in August 2019.
Therefore, E-JUST will expand the number of the acceptance of African students by cost sharing between Egypt and Japan (JICA Technical Cooperation).
E-JUST was established in 2010 in New Borg El Arab City, Alexandria, Egypt by bilateral agreement between the governments of Egypt and Japan.
Japanese government has been implementing technical cooperation project through JICA. With the cooperation of Japanese Cooperation Universities (13 universities as of Jan. 2020), JICA is supporting the establishment and operation of the departments and schools including implementing practical engineering education, lab education and seminar system.
Also, E-JUST has received 27 international students from African countries (as of Jan. 2020) in order to be the Center of Excellence of higher education and advanced research not only in Egypt, but also in the Middle East and Africa. Furthermore, E-JUST has opened the main campus in fall 2019 and is still developing to be the top-level university in Egypt with the effort of both governments.
Enrollment in this scholarship program will start in September 2020, and it is aiming to receive 150 excellent human resources from Africa at E-JUST post-graduate schools. The details are as follows;
To develop high quality human resources in the field of STI toward future African STI network and beyond.
(2) Number of Students:
Approximately 150 post-graduate students, intake over 3 years distributed on several batches.
- Applicants should be under 30 years old on Sep. 1, 2020.
- Applicants shall be researchers or instructors who belong to universities or research institutions in Africa and who need to obtain M.Sc. degree, or top-class undergraduate students who are expected to be researchers or instructors by those universities.
(4) Tentative Schedule:
- Mid December 2019: Call for application.
International Admission page:
International Admission Policy:
- 16th January 2020: Online application submission.
- 15th February 2020: Deadline of online application submission.
- September 2020: Enrollment of the first batch.
(5) Area of study program:
Faculty of Engineering
- School of Electronics, Communications and Computer Engineering.
- School of Innovative Design Engineering.
- School of Energy, Environment, Chemical and Petrochemical Engineering.
- Graduate School of Basic and Applied Sciences.