National Institute for Human Rights Creative Commons Via Wikimedia
CAIRO – 17 June 2017: Bahrain has not received any complaint from any Bahraini family living in Qatar after severing diplomatic relations with Qatar, Human Rights Foundation of Bahrain said in a Saturday statement
Human Right also said “if we receive any complaints in the future, it will deal with them immediately and Bahrain will follow Bahrainis in Qatar”.
Head of Qatar’s National Committee for Human Rights Ali al-Mari said Friday at a press conference that his country is suffering from the severance of diplomatic ties between Qatar and the Arab Gulf states, and the closure of air space and seaports to Qatar.
Al-Mari added that 13 thousand and 314 people were affected by cutting Arab States’ ties with Doha in a terrible way to make complaints by e-mail to the Commission on Human Rights.
The Bahrain Foundation said Qatar’s claims serve its political interests not human rights.
On Monday, June 5, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Bahrain, Libya and Yemen decided to cut all diplomatic ties with Qatar for its “continuous support for terrorism,” closing their airspace and seaports to Qatari transportation.
Last week, the four countries labeled a total of 59 figures and 12 institutions “terrorists.”
Leave a Comment