Meade firefighters help extinguish apartment fire off post - CC via Flickr/Fort George G. Meade Public Affairs Office
CAIRO - 5 August 2019: Three people were injured Monday in an explosion of a natural gas pipe at an apartment in Alexandria’s Asafra neighborhood.
The fire was extinguished, and the source of the natural gas was blocked. However, the balcony of the apartment located in the first floor fell down. The reason behind the explosion is a leak caused by an extension that was not installed by the service provider.
The injured, whose feet and legs suffered the most, were transported to the nearest hospital to receive treatment.
Meanwhile in Cairo, a total of 19 people were killed and 30 were injured late Sunday after a wrong-way driving car crashed into three other vehicles, causing a huge explosion outside the Cairo-University affiliated National Cancer Institute.