Ambulance in Cairo - CC via Wikimedia Commons/Faris Knight
CAIRO - 19 June 2019: The Ambulance Authority has put a plan to provide medical coverage of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) to be held in Egypt on June 21 - July 19.
The plan is as follows:
1) 145 paramedics and 30 doctors will be present in stadiums during matches.
2) 50 emergency kits.
3) A team of four paramedics and a doctor will be assigned to each football team.
4) Preparing two well-equipped clinics at the stadium.
5) Two ambulance cars will be available at the field, and one more will be available at the entrance of the stadium.
6) Twenty ambulance cars will be located around the stadium when matches are attended by large numbers of fans.
7) An ambulance will be available 24/7 at hotels hosting the African national teams.
8) An ambulance and a medical team will be present during the training of the African national teams.
Egypt will open the 2019 African Nations Championship against Zimbabwe on June 21 at the Cairo International Stadium. The tournament takes place with the participation of 24 teams in six groups for the first time in the history of the African competition.
Tazkarti declared that the fans have flocked to receive their FAN IDs and tickets for the games they are willing to attend.
The Organizing Committee of the African Nations Cup has identified the following outlets:
First degree tickets: The following Orange branches (Heliopolis, Nasr City, El Rehab, Dokki, Downtown, Zamalek, Manial, Abbaseya, Shoubra, 6th of October, El Haram, Maadi&Mokattam).
Secondand thirddegree tickets: All the following youth centers (Al-Jazira Youth Center, Maadi Youth Club, Suez Club, Sheikh Zayed Youth Center at Ismailia, 6th of October, Horse Owners Club at Smouha, El Shams Club.)
Tazkarti is a ticket marketplace with a mission to provide a safe and secure marketplace for ticket buyers to find and purchase event tickets on the secondary market.