Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan addresses members of parliament from his ruling AK Party (AKP) during a meeting at the Turkish parliament in Ankara, Turkey, January 9, 2018. REUTERS/Umit Bektas
CAIRO - 27 February 2019: Turkish President Recep Tayyib Erdogan's recent remarks on Egypt and its political leadership reflect his hatred and show his continuous willingness to embrace terrorist group of the Muslim Brotherhood, according to Egyptian Foreign Ministry's Official Spokesperson Ahmed Hafez.
Hafez manifested that Erdogan's statements are non-sense; especially because Erdogan himself committed many unforgivable crimes such as:
• Arresting more than 175 journalists
• More than 70,000 political detainees lande behind bars in Turkey
• More than 130 civil servants were fired
• Over 3000 universities and educational institutions were confiscated
• Arrest warrants against more than 1400 civilians were issued in the last two weeks
• Punishable procedures were taken against dozens of academics, journalists and public figures
• Twenty seven academics were seen convicted after signing a bulletin in 2016 calling for ending a 30-year conflict between Turkey and Kurds
"These facts prove the Turkish president's lack of credibility," Hafez noted.
Leave a Comment