State officials mourn Minya victims, vow to proceed war against terrorism

BY

Fri, 02 Nov 2018 - 08:17 GMT

President Abdel-Fatah Al-Sisi called on the audience at the opening of the World Youth Forum's Theater, to stand up for a minute as an expression of grief for the attack's victims – Courtesy of President Sisi's Twitter Account

President Abdel-Fatah Al-Sisi called on the audience at the opening of the World Youth Forum's Theater, to stand up for a minute as an expression of grief for the attack's victims – Courtesy of President Sisi's Twitter Account

CAIRO – 2 November 2018: Both ministers of social solidarity, and health and population suspended their participation in the World Youth Forum in Sharm El-Sheikh, and headed to Minya governorate to visit the victims of the terrorist incident took place Friday.

At least 7 people were killed and 7 others were injured, according to an anonymous security source, after an attack was carried out on a bus carrying Copts near the monastery of Saint Samuel in the Upper Egypt's governorate.

Earlier on Friday, Ghada Wali, the minister of social solidarity, along with 8 other ministers left Cairo Airport for Sharm el-Sheikh to attend the WYF.

Wali said that she headed to Minya, along with Hala Zayed, the Egyptian Health Minister, in accordance with the Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly's instructions to provide full care and moral support to families of the victims of a terrorist attack, a statement by the ministry read.

The Solidarity Minister condemned the attack, saying that "black terrorism will not undermine the determination of the Egyptians and their insistence to achieve development; it (terrorism) will only make us stronger."

Parliament speaker

Ali Abdel Aal, the Parliament speaker denounced the attack, stressing that despicable acts of terrorism, which attempts to destabilize security and stability, and undermine the determination of the Egyptians will fail to achieve its goal.

Abdel Aal called on state powers and people to stand by his wise leadership, to confront the terror groups that have been "breathing their last breath" after the successful pre-emptive strikes of the army and police, which have cut their funds and weakened them.

Army and police forces have carried out a military offensive dubbed "Comprehensive Operation – Sinai 2018," with the aim of eliminating terrorist elements, after the numerous terror attacks that have hit the country following ousting Muslim Brotherhood-affiliated former President Mohamed Morsi in 2013.

Foreign Ministry

The Foreign Ministry spokesman Ahmed Hafez condemned the attack carried out by inhumane terrorists, saying that "No words can describe this situation of [inhumanity].


"With our condolences to all Egyptians and pray for the injured to be cured, this will only increase Egypt's determination in its war against terrorism," Hafez added.

President Sisi

President Abdel-Fatah Al-Sisi called on the audience at the opening of the World Youth Forum's Theater, to stand up for a minute as an expression of grief for the attack's victims. The theater comes as part of the second edition of the World Youth Forum 2018.

"On my behalf and on behalf of the Egyptian people, I extend my deepest condolences to the families of the martyrs of the incident and I wish the wounded a speedy recovery," Sisi said.


Sisi also telephoned Pope Twadros II of Alexandria, where the President expressed his sincere condolences on the death of the Minya Copts. He described perpetrators as "treacherous hands that seek to undermine the cohesive fabric of the homeland."

Sisi also affirmed the nation's "determination to continue efforts to combat black terrorism and prosecute the perpetrators."

State Information Service

In a statement, the State Information Service (SIS) said that the recent crime is a "desperate attempt and an evidence of the terror flows' weakness and impotence." Terrorist groups are about to be eliminate following the succession of the Sinai operation to secure Egypt's borders, the statement added.

"This crime committed by an evil terrorist group is added to the horrific record of these groups that do not respect the sanctity of life of a child or woman or a worshipper in his way to pray," the statement read.

The statement affirmed the attack aimed to undermine the unity of Egyptians, saying that this unity has been in its most obvious form in recent years.

This crime is another message to the international community confirming the nature of the terrorists Egypt is facing, and stressing the need to respond to Egypt's successive calls for international solidarity to combat terrorism and its funders and supporters.

Comments

0

Leave a Comment

Recommend Article

Be Social