Yemeni government protests High Commissioner for Human Rights' report

BY

Thu, 27 Sep 2018 - 12:39 GMT

FILE- Yemen foreign minister Khaled Al Yamani attends a news conference on Yemen talks at the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland September 8, 2018. REUTERS/Denis Balibouse

FILE- Yemen foreign minister Khaled Al Yamani attends a news conference on Yemen talks at the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland September 8, 2018. REUTERS/Denis Balibouse

CAIRO - 27 September 2018: The Yemeni government rejects the report of the High Commissioner for Human Rights in Yemen and said “this report Includes errors and bias of the Houthis”.

The Yemeni government also blamed the armed militia and Houthi movement for all violence acts, casualties and breaches for the international humanitarian law. It [the government] expressed its gratitude to the Arab Coalition to Restore Legitimacy in Yemen which led by Saudi Arabia for its efforts during the past period. “They played a key part to defend the country and defend the Yemeni people” The statement stated.

In earlier statements the Arab Coalition Spokesman Colonel Turki bin Saleh al-Malki defended all of the Arab military escalations against Houthis affirming that it was “completely legitimate” especially after targeting Saada Governorate earlier this month.


“It was completely legitimate and in conformity with International Humanitarian Law.” al-Malki said.


He explained that this military action came as a response to the Houthi missile that targeted Jazan city in Saudi Arabia. Malki affirmed in statements to media outlets that the coalition’s actions in Saada Governorate, in Yemen were against militants who have killed thousands of civilians.


39c80339-8f8c-4195-b810-29d7c956aebe



“The coalition will take all necessary measures against the terrorist, criminal acts of the terrorist Iranian-Houthi militia, such as recruiting child soldiers, throwing them in battlefields and using them as tools and covers to their terrorist acts,” Malki stated.


Malki assured that Houthi militants responsible for launching ballistic missiles and killing civilians will be punished for their actions by the coalition. He said that they are responsible of preventing terrorist elements from compromising regional and international security.

The gulf country launched in June the Saudi Project for Landmine Clearance (MASAM) to remove mines in Yemen, protect civilians and ensure the safe delivery of humanitarian supply. The mines disposed of so far were located in Taiz, Red Sea Coast, Beihan, Osailan, Saada, Shabwa and Marib. The explosive charges have killed 1,000 civilians until now, MASAM Director-General Osama al-Qasibi said.

Comments

0

Leave a Comment

Recommend Article

Be Social