Terrorist attacks will not undermine Army: Defense Minister

BY

Fri, 20 Apr 2018 - 08:19 GMT

Defense Minister Colonel General Sedki Sobhy during his visit to soldiers who got wounded in terrorist attacks in Sinai – Press photo

Defense Minister Colonel General Sedki Sobhy during his visit to soldiers who got wounded in terrorist attacks in Sinai – Press photo

CAIRO – 20 April 2018: Defense Minister Colonel General Sedki Sobhy went to a number of armed forces hospitals to visit “heroes who got wounded in terrorist attacks in Sinai,” an official armed forces statement said on Friday.


Egypt’s armed forces spokesman Tamer El-Refaie said Sobhy stressed that the “horrid terrorist attacks will not undermine the Egyptian armed forces in its mission to eradicate terrorism and defend the country.



On Mar. 31, Sobhi attended a ceremony honoring soldiers participating in Sinai 2018 operation.


Sedki-hospitals-3
Defense Minister Colonel General Sedki Sobhy during his visit to soldiers who got wounded in terrorist attacks in Sinai – Press photo

He praised the heroic role of the army men in general and the honored soldiers in particular whose service ended officially on March 1st but chose to remain in service for an additional month.


The minister confirmed that the Armed Forces will remain protecting the homeland thanks to the valor and bravery of its members.


Sedki-hospitals-2
Defense Minister Colonel General Sedki Sobhy during his visit to soldiers who got wounded in terrorist attacks in Sinai – Press photo

Sobhy further expressed his appreciations to the soldiers for their sacrifices and efforts in deterring all those who would attempt to endanger Egypt’s security and stability.


Earlier this month, the Egyptian military forces, in coordination with the Air Force, killed three high-risk terrorists and targeted two hideouts in Sinai, according to the 18th statement issued on April 8 by the General Command of the Armed Forces regarding the recent outcomes of the “Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018".


Sedki-hospitals-1
Defense Minister Colonel General Sedki Sobhy during his visit to soldiers who got wounded in terrorist attacks in Sinai – Press photo

Sinai 2018 is being carried out by the Armed Forces, in cooperation with the combat units of the Interior Ministry, since February 9. These anti-terror units continue to launch raids targeting terrorist hideouts, as well as arms and ammunition warehouses in Northern and Central Sinai, according to the statement.

Comments

0

Leave a Comment

Recommend Article

Be Social