FILE – President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi
CAIRO – 7 January 2017: President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi will inaugurate on Monday 11 projects worth LE 6 billion. All 11 projects are highways and bridges, and are part of the Government's plan of developing the national road network. These are the projects, as reported by Al Shorouk newspaper:
1) Shobra-Banha Road: The 44 kilometers road was contructed over a period of three years at a cost of LE 3.3 billion. It connects four Governorates together: Cairo, Qalyoubeya, Menoufeya and Sharkeya.
2) Banha Axis: It connects Northern Governorates together, passing over the Nile River in some parts. It cost LE 595 million.
3) Farafra-Ein Dala Road: It connects different areas of the Western Desert together and connects with Farafra/Asyut road, enabling transportation to Asut airport. The 90-kilometer road cost LE 412 million.
4) Sohag-Qena Western Desert Road: It was updated to a 140-kilometer dual carriageway at a cost of LE350 million. The road will decrease traffic jam and accidents.
5) Menya-Ras Ghareb Road: It connects Upper Egypt's Governorates to the Red Sea Governorate. Its 55 kilometers long and cost LE 423 million.
6) Damanhur Overpass: The overpass cost LE 151 million and is 1,290 kilometers long.
7) Tawfiqeya Overpass: The alreafy-existing overpass was updated to become a three-lane bridge at a cost of LE 97 million.
8) Merghan Bridge: It connects together Alexandria city, Borg El Arab, El Agamy and Al Amereya. The bridge has been restored at a cost of LE 60 million in 10 months. It is expected to serve oil companies and the investment zone established in the area. The bridge is five lanes and 700 meters long.
9) Four bridges on the Cairo-Suez Road: The four bridges were constructed to improve traffic flow and eliminate all crossroads. They are: Soleiman Metwaly Bridge, Administrative Capital Airport Bridge, Martyr Mohamed Safa Bridge and Martyr Sayed Abdel Hafiz Bridge.
10) Borg El Arab Railway Signal Tower: It was developed and operated in March along with developing six railroads and 55 traffic lights.
11) Berket El Sabea Railway Signal Tower: It was developed and operated in August along with five railroads and 68 traffic lights.