FILE – New Administrative Capital church
CAIRO – 20 December 2017: Official spokesman of the Coptic Church, Paul Halim, said on Wednesday that Christmas Mass will be held in the New Administrative Capital on January 6 led by Pope Tawadros II of Alexandria.
Egypt Today presents the most important information about the Cathedral Church in the New Administrative Capital:
1. It is called the “Cathedral of the birth of Christ.”
2. The Cathedral Church is the largest church in the Middle East.
3. It is located east of the exhibition project EXPO, south of the central park in the new capital.
4. It is implemented on 15 acres, which equals 63,000 square meters.
5. The Cathedral Church is built on 7,500 square meters.
6. The Cathedral Church has the capacity to hold some 9,000 citizens.
7. The Cathedral Church contains a main square and papal headquarters, a reception hall, a meeting room and administrative offices are currently under construction.
8. Orascom Company is responsible for the implementation of the Church under the supervision of the engineering body Egyptian Armed Forces.
9. The construction of the administrative capital church began last January.
10. The Cathedral Church contains a two-story underground garage and a service building.
11. There are two lighthouses designed for the cathedral building.
12.The lighthouse was designed according to Coptic architecture and contains several bells at the top of the lighthouse.
13. The general consultants of the project are ACE and SSA.
14. About 30 percent of the church area was built without a basement.
The New Capital, which is currently being developed by the New Administrative Capital for Urban Development, will include residential districts, educational institutions, hospitals, 40,000 hotel rooms, a theme park, solar plants and a new international airport.
Land plots in the new capital are already available for investors and developers who are interested in participating in the megaproject.