Sisi: Egypt to respond to Arish attack in 'brute force'

BY

Fri, 24 Nov 2017 - 03:55 GMT

Still image from President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi's T.V. speech  Nov. 24, 2017 following Arish attack - YouTube/Extra News

Still image from President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi's T.V. speech Nov. 24, 2017 following Arish attack - YouTube/Extra News

CAIRO - 24 November 2017: President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi said the response to the Friday attack on a mosque in Arish will be in “brute force against that small band of extremist terrorist.”

He began the TV speech with offering his condolences to the families of the victims, announcing a three-day mourning period for the 235 worshipers killed during the Friday congregational prayer.

The attack aims to spread “doubts about the capabilities” of the state, but it “only enhanced our determination and unity,” Sisi said; promising that "the Armed Forces and the police will avenge our martyrs and restore security and stability in full force in the next period.”

He emphasized that the attacks in Sinai reflect Egypt’s efforts against terrorism and that Egypt leads the fight “on its own, and on behalf of the region and the entire world.”

“All what is happening is an attempt to stop our efforts in our fight against terror and
an attempt to break our will and measures in ending the terrible criminal scheme that aims to destroy what remains of the region,” Sisi added.

Addressing the Egyptian people, Sisi said the fight “you are going through is the most noble and honorable fight of all;” adding that the state is “steadfast and will continue [the fight].”

Earlier in a statement, the Egyptian president said justice will be served and will reach the perpetrators, accomplices, inciters and funders of the attack on the Al-Rawdah Mosque in Arish.

The Egyptian president said the attack will be followed with a "deterring and firm punishment," adding that the "pain felt by the Egyptian people will not be in vain."

He also emphasized that Egypt will win its war against terror "honorably and forcefully."

A total of LE 200,000 ($11,300) and LE 50,000 will be dispensed to the family of each worshiper whose life has been claimed and each injured victim, respectively.

Comments

0

Leave a Comment

Recommend Article

Be Social