Primary education certificate, midterms canceled

BY

Sun, 27 Aug 2017 - 02:10 GMT

Minister of Education and Technical Education Tarek Shawki - File photo

Minister of Education and Technical Education Tarek Shawki - File photo

CAIRO – 27 August 2017: The High Council of Pre-University Education announced Saturday, in a meeting chaired by Minister of Education and Technical Education Tarek Shawki, major amendments to the forthcoming educational year, including the cancellation of midterm exams and considering sixth primary a normal school year.

Students’ grades will be redistributed, with the final exam making up 60 percent of the grade, while the remaining 40 percent will be earned by class work. The council also announced that computer and art classes will not be part of the total score anymore.
Official spokesman of the Ministry of Education Ahmed Khairy declared that teachers from external schools would mark the final exam.

Khairy also promised to provide a general teacher for the first three levels of the primary education program. The general teacher would have the duty of teaching Arabic, mathematics and other activities, he added.

The council also confirmed the starting date of the forthcoming year to be on September 23.

The meeting of the High Council of Pre-University Education was also attended by the secretary general of the Egyptian Supreme Council of Universities and the presidents of both Cairo and Ain Shams universities.

Comments

0

Leave a Comment

Recommend Article

Be Social