Fri, 01 Dec 2023 - 01:25 GMT
Fri, 01 Dec 2023 - 01:25 GMT
Destructions caused by Israeli shelling on the Gaza Strip after the end of the 7-day truce- the photo by Photojournalist Hani El Shaer from Gaza
CAIRO – 1 December 2023: Israel unilaterally announced the end of the Egyptian/Qatari-brokered truce with Hamas and resumed its military shelling on the Gaza Strip; dozens of Palestinians have been killed, including a journalist, so far.
“A number of Palestinian civilians, predominantly children and women, were killed or injured this morning as the Israeli occupation resumed its genocide in the Gaza Strip, attacking various areas in the Gaza Strip from the land, sea, and air,” the Palestinian embassy in Cairo said in a statement on Friday.
Israeli attacks broke out shortly after the end of a temporary humanitarian pause, brokered by Egypt and Qatar, which lasted for seven days, the embassy added.
Before the truce, Israel killed at least 15,000 Palestinians, the majority of them innocent civilians, including over 6,500 children and over 3,000 women, since the beginning of the Israeli genocide campaign in Gaza on October 7.
The Ministry of Health Gaza announced that 32 martyrs and dozens of injuries among civilians and children in the raids launched by the occupation army on the Gaza Strip since the end of the truce.
More bombings on Gaza
Bombing have been renewed by Israeli forces against Gaza Strip, mostly on Khan Yunis southern Gaza.
Government Information Office in Gaza said that 110 have been killed, including 3 journalists, since this morning. He added that the number of the Palestinian children killed by Israel since October 7 has reached 6,150, while the number of the Palestinians missing under the rubble rose to 6,500.
Houthis attack US
After the end of the truce, Yemeni Houthis attacked the American destroyer USS Carney in the Red Sea, while Al-Qassam fighters targeting Tel Aviv with a barrage of missiles.
For the first time since Israel gas resumed its war on Gaza, rockets were launched from the Gaza Strip towards Ashdod settlements, according to Israeli media
Aslo, Hezbollah announced that the Islamic Resistance targeted the Israeli Al-Marj site for the second time and caused casualties.
Meanwhile, US Secretary of State Blinken that that the US is focusing on returning all Israeli captives in Gaza to their homes and is working to ensure that the cycle of violence does not expand in the region.
Death toll of Palestinian martyrs raises to 109
Health Ministry in Gaza announced that 109 martyrs were killed by Israeli bombings and hundreds of others were wounded since the end of the truce and renewed Israeli aggression on Friday morning.
Also, violent clashes have been renewed between the Palestinian resistance fighters and the Israeli occupation army in the vicinity of Al-Rantisi Hospital in the Sheikh Radwan neighborhood, north of Gaza City.
Palestinian Photojournalist Montaser Al-Sawaf was martyred in a new bombing of Gaza City. He previously was seriously injured about two weeks ago in a bombing that targeted his family home, during which his father, the brother journalist Mustafa Al-Sawaf, his mother, and a number of family members were martyred.
US visa ban on Israeli extremist settlers
A senior official at the US State Department said that President Joe Biden's administration has informed Israel that the administration will impose in the next few weeks a visa ban on extremist Israeli settlers who carry out acts of violence against Palestinian civilians in the occupied West Bank, Reuters reported.
He added that US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken informed Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and members of the Israeli war cabinet during a meeting with them that the United States would take its own measures against an undisclosed number of individuals, according to Reuters.
Israeli occupation forces have intensified their attacks and raids against the Palestinians in the West Bank and Jerusalem since the beginning of the Israeli war on the Gaza Strip on October 7.
Over 65 Palestinians killed in 10 hours
More than 65 Palestinians were killed as a result of the Israeli occupation’s bombing on Gaza since this morning, Al Qahera News reported.
“In one of the tragic incidents of the Israeli genocide today in the territory, multiple civilians were killed and others injured when Israeli occupation forces bombed the Subehi family home on George Street, east of the city of Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip,” Palestinian news agency WAFA reported.
Israeli military tanks are trying to advance on several fronts, with violent clashes with Hamas fighters in the north of the Gaza Strip.