CAIRO - 10 May 2023: The Egyptian Ministry of Transport is currently implementing the New Administrative station within the stations of the first line of the express electric train, and it is one of the important stations that serve large sectors of cities.
In the below lines, et highlights most important details about the station:
- It is an interchange station with the LRT.
- It is considered a center for various means of transportation coming to the Administrative Capital.
- It mainly serves the new administrative capital, the sports city, and all new cities in eastern Cairo.
- It is considered one of the largest stations in the Middle East.
- It covers an area of more than 1,100,000 square meters in parking areas and commercial areas.
- The station includes a commercial mall on an area of 70,000 square meters.
- The station consists of two main buildings, each consisting of a basement, ground floor, mezzanine, and first floor.
- There are 3 pedestrian bridges to connect the two buildings.
- Escalators and elevators are available to facilitate the movement of passengers.
- The high-speed electric train network project will contribute to the creation of thousands of job opportunities for young people, reduce traffic congestion, achieve higher safety levels for passengers, have a better impact on the environment, and help economic development.
- The fast electric train network, which is being built, consists of 4 lines covering all parts of the Republic, with a total length of 2,250 km. The length of the first line, Ain Sokhna / El Alamein / Matrouh, is 675 km.