CAIRO - 14 December 2022: Egypt's new water resources and irrigation law includes 10 prohibitions that are forbidden to be carried out, with the aim of preserving water resources in light of their limitations.
Below Egypt Today reviews these actions in order.
According to the law, it is prohibited to do any of the following actions:
- Wasting water resources by exceeding the prescribed or authorized quantities, or disbursing them unnecessarily in a private or public drain, or in a covered drainage network, or using them in lands that are not scheduled to be irrigated, or whose irrigation is not authorized, or using them for unauthorized purposes, or using the unauthorized irrigation method. with it.
- Obstructing the flow of water in the Nile River and its branches, the waterways, a covered drainage network, a torrent outlet, or conducting an action that would prejudice the budgets.
- Opening, closing, or causing any damage to any lock, bridge, or one of the irrigation and drainage installations and equipment affiliated with the Ministry, or other works designed to balance the flow of running water, which are established in waterways or through the Nile bridges, or bridges of one of the waterways.
- Putting pegs to tie the nets in the Nile River and its two branches, or the bridges of the waterways, or at its bottom, or in the bridges of the basin of one of the aqueducts, locks, or bridges.
- Establishing farms and fish breeding cages in the course of the Nile and its branches up to five hundred meters behind the Edvina barrages, the Dam and the locks of Damietta, as well as the winds, public canals and Lake Nasser.
- (a) Backfilling by throwing silt, dust, etc. into the course of the Nile River, its branches, its lagoons, or the outlets of torrents. (b) Backfilling by throwing silt, dirt, etc. into the waterways, or on bridges of any of them, or in a covered drainage network.
- The use of fresh water in feeding fish farms, except with the approval of the Ministry.
- Cutting the Nile bridges or waterways.
- Digging and taking soil, stones, or other materials and other tasks from the Nile bridges, its sides, and its surfaces, or from the bridges of the waterways, or the outlets of the torrents, or from the installations and equipment of irrigation and drainage, or any other work within the public property related to water resources.
- Constructing basins for special water-raising machines and pipes attached to them on the bridges of the Nile and its branches and waterways.
Any violation of the provisions of this article shall be removed by administrative means at the expense of the violator.
Leave a Comment