Child wearing mask - REUTERS
CAIRO - 28 November 2022: The Egyptian Ministry of Health and Population revealed mechanisms to protect children from infection with the syncytial virus.
The ministry indicated that children must be protected from this virus through prevention by following several tips that include:
- Washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching the face, nose or mouth without washing hands.
- Maintaining social distancing when dealing with others.
- Avoid shaking hands, kisses and hugs.
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces well.
- Home isolation in case of infection.
- Covering the nose when coughing or sneezing with a tissue, then washing hands thoroughly after disposing it in the trash bin.
- Following a healthy diet, to boost immunity, which is rich in vegetables, fruits and protein.
The respiratory syncytial virus is a viral infection that targets the upper respiratory tract, i.e. the nose, sinuses, throat, larynx, and pharynx, while the chances of infection increase when winter approaches.
Leave a Comment