Egypt's House of Representatives - Egypt Today
CAIRO - 19 September 2022: The volume of private sector investments is expected to reach about 300 billion pounds during the new fiscal year, according to the economic and social development plan for the fiscal year 2022/2023, submitted by the Minister of Planning, Dr. Hala Al-Saeed.
The plan, which was approved by the parliament, comes in light of the uncertainty of market conditions, and the developments of economic activity and growth paths due to the consequences of the Corona virus pandemic and the Russian-Ukrainian crisis. The volume of private sector investments will represent about 21.4% of the total investments of the plan, to come in third place in the structure of total investments.
It is noteworthy that public investments acquired the largest share of (78.6%) distributed among the authorities, and the private sector obtained the remaining percentage (21.4%) of the total directed investments.
The total investments are distributed according to the concerned authorities, which are represented in the government apparatus, public economic authorities, companies affiliated with the public business sector, central investments and private sector investments.
At the level of balance, government investments include (investments of the state administrative apparatus, investments of local administration, and investments of public service bodies).
According to the development plan, the investments of economic bodies registered about 410.9 billion pounds, bringing their relative importance in the overall investment structure to 29.4%, and the government sector comes in second place with a total of targeted investments estimated at 376.4 billion pounds, with a relative importance of 26.9%.
Leave a Comment