CAIRO - 26 July 2020: The Health Ministry said Sunday night that 39 new coronavirus cases were detected, upping the total number of confirmed cases since the outbreak in the country began to 284,024.
In a statement, Spokesman for the Health Ministry Khaled Megahed said six patients have died from the virus over the past 24 hours, raising the death toll to 16,487.
As many as 422 patients were discharged from isolation hospitals after receiving necessary medical care, taking the number of recovered cases to 227,612 so far, the spokesman said.
Egypt successfully is past a third wave of the pandemic, reporting daily coronavirus counts that are less than 100 for the first time since October last year.
Egypt has produced a million Sinovac vaccine doses locally and has imported millions of jabs to vaccinate 40 percent of its 100 million population by the end of the year, a step that the World Health Organization has hailed.