“A message signed with blood to the nation of the cross” operation - video released by the IS “A message signed with blood to the nation of the cross” operation - video released by the IS

Pics: Remains of beheaded Egyptian Copts arrive in Misrata Airport

Mon, May. 14, 2018
CAIRO – 14 May 2018: The Libyan authorities transferred the remains of the 20 Egyptian Copts, who were killed in Sirte by the Islamic State (IS) terrorists in February 2015, to Misrata Airport to be transferred to Cairo International Airport on Monday.

L1
The remains of the 20 Egyptian Copts arrived in Misrata Airport to be transferred to Cairo International Airport on Monday – Press photo


L2
The remains of the 20 Egyptian Copts arrived in Misrata Airport to be transferred to Cairo International Airport on Monday – Press photo


Member of the Department of Criminal Investigation in Misurata, Ali Mahmoud, affirmed that the remains of the 20 Egyptian Copts who were beheaded by the Islamic State (IS) in Libya in 2015 will be transferred to Egypt on Monday.
Mahmoud told Egypt Today that the Libyan Ministry of Interior, Public Attorney’s office, and a number of security officials in Misrata will be supervising the process.

In 2015, IS published a video dubbed “A message signed with blood to the nation of the cross”, where a number of masked IS members appeared beheading the unarmed victims.

On May 6, Siddiq Assour, head of investigations at the Libyan Attorney General's Office, said that he ordered that the victims' remains be transferred to Egypt.

The decisions were taken upon request from Egyptian Attorney General Nabil Sadek, and Libyan Attorney General Abdul Qader Juma Radwan agreed to return the remains on Mar. 14.

Assour said in March that the Libyan authorities coordinated with Egypt to send the bodies of the victims following DNA tests.

Forensic samples were taken from the bodies of the beheaded victims and were sent to Egypt to be identified by their families.

L3
The remains of the 20 Egyptian Copts arrived in Misrata Airport to be transferred to Cairo International Airport on Monday – Press photo


Concerning the defendants of the case, who were arrested in September 2017, Assour said that investigations were completed and that the defendants will appear before the court after Ramadan.

On September 29, 2017, Assour said in a press conference that the bodies of the Egyptian Copts who were slaughtered behind the Mahari Hotel had been identified in Sirte and that the AG’s Office had all the information about those responsible for the slaughter, adding that one of the IS members who had witnessed the incident provided all the information.

L4
The remains of the 20 Egyptian Copts arrived in Misrata Airport to be transferred to Cairo International Airport on Monday – Press photo
There are no comments on this article.

Leave a comment