(Reuters) - England are looking to win their second World Cup title at the Nov. 20-Dec. 18 tournament in Qatar. Here is what you need to know about their route to the final:
HOW DID ENGLAND QUALIFY FOR THE ROUND OF 16?
* The top two in each World Cup group advance to the last 16. The knockout rounds will begin on Dec. 3 and will feature one-off matches, which can go to extra time and then penalties to decide the winner.
* England finished top of Group B on seven points having beaten Iran 6-2 and drawn 0-0 with the United States, before defeating Wales 3-0.
WHO ARE ENGLAND'S OPPONENTS IN THE ROUND OF 16?
* England's Round of 16 tie will be against Senegal, the runners-up of Group A.
WHO ARE ENGLAND'S POTENTIAL OPPONENTS IN THE QUARTER-FINALS?
* If England beat Senegal they could encounter France in the quarter-finals, provided the 2018 champions can beat Poland in their Round of 16 tie.
WHO ARE ENGLAND'S POTENTIAL OPPONENTS IN THE SEMI-FINALS?
* If England make it to the semis, they could face Group E runners-up Spain or Group H winners Portugal.
WHO COULD ENGLAND FACE IN THE FINAL?
* If England go all the way to the final they could potentially find themselves taking on five-times winners Brazil, who topped Group G.