FILE - Egyptian Minister of Antiquities, Khaled al-Anani
CAIRO – 5 July 2018: Minister of Antiquities Khaled al-Anani will inaugurate Friday “Egyptian Treasures” exhibition, held in Monaco, France, as part of the ministry’s plan to promote Egypt’s image abroad.
The two-month-exhibition includes 150 artifacts from different eras that will be showed for the last time abroad before returning to Egypt for a permanent display in the Egyptian Museum, set to reopen on November 15.
Elham Salah al-Din, head of the museums sector at the Ministry of Antiquities, said that holding Egyptian exhibitions abroad has political, economic and educational objectives, as through such exhibitions the world gets acquainted with Egypt’s civilization and culture.
In the same context, Sydney, Australia, will host in 2021 the largest exhibition of King Tutankhamun, entitled "King Tut: Treasures of the Golden Pharaoh", according to ABC News.
The exhibition will tour 10 cities across the world, Sydney is the fifth of which, to show more than 150 exquisite objects.
Hence, the New South Wales Government previously announced that the museum will carry out a $50 million upgrade to be able to accommodate the Golden Pharaos' artifacts.
“The significant upgrades to the Australian Museum will ensure we have world-class museum exhibition spaces for visitors,” NSW Minister for the Arts, Don Harwin, said in a statement.
Forty percent of Tutankhamun’s objects will leave Egypt to tour the world before returning to Egypt for a permanent display in the Grand Egyptian Museum, which is currently under construction.
Around 800,000 are expected to visit the exhibition during its six-month accommodation in Sydney.
The exhibition will include 60 artifacts out of the 150 pieces that have never been seen outside Egypt, according to Australian Museum Director and Chief Executive, Kim McKay.