US President Donald Trump meets with Qatar's Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani in New York, U.S., September 19, 2017. (Reuters) US President Donald Trump meets with Qatar's Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani in New York, U.S., September 19, 2017. (Reuters)

Trump denies warning KSA over military action against Qatar

Thu, Sep. 21, 2017
CAIRO - 21 September 2017: During U.S. President Donald Trump’s meeting with Emir of Qatar Tamim on Tuesday on the sidelines of the 72nd session of UN General Assembly, Trump denied warning Saudi Arabia over taking military action against Qatar.

Qatari media, especially Qatar-based Al-Jazeera, has been spreading rumors that the Arab quartet was considering a military action against Qatar.

Military action has never been considered in the conflict with Qatar, said Egypt, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates in a joint statement issued earlier this month, according to Gulfnews.

Trump says he expects the Qatari conflict with the Arab countries “will be solved pretty quickly.” For his part, Tamim asked the U.S. to mediate in the Qatari crisis, stressing on Qatar’s willingness to dialogue.

Right outside where Tamim was sitting with the U.S. President, a number of Arab citizens in New York organized protests in New York denouncing Qatar's support for terrorist organizations.

On June 5, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Bahrain have turned on Qatar, shutting down of all ports of entry over accusations of the country’s support and sponsorship of terrorism, allegations Doha denies.

Since then, Qatar has resisted reconciliation attempts and has not shown any efforts in disassociating itself from terrorist groups that were proven to be harbored and financially supported by Doha.

 
There are no comments on this article.

Leave a comment