Qatari flag - File Photo Qatari flag - File Photo

Qatar’s 'Change Academy' seeks to spread chaos in Middle East

Thu, Aug. 24, 2017
CAIRO - 24 August 2017: Bahrain state TV broadcasted a video revealing the role of Doha in the incitement of violence, chaos and the intelligence moves to overthrow the Bahraini regime, exposing an academy called the Change Academy that was founded by Qatar and is located in Austria.

The Change Academy… who runs it?

The Change Academy is headed by Hisham al-Marsa, the son-in-law of Yusuf al- Qaradawi, who was also one of its founders. Moreover, most of those who run the academy belong to the Muslim Brotherhood, which is supported by Qatar. It was first founded in London in 2006, and then established a branch in Doha in 2009. The Qatar Islamic Bank is considered one of its most significant financiers.

Its Purpose

Saudi journalist, Abdul Aziz al-Khamis, revealed in 2011, that the Qatari mission included two projects. The first was Al-Nahda project, run by Qatari Jassim Sultan, while the second project was the Change Academy which was undertaken by the Qatari mission and is run by Yusuf al-Qaradawi’s son-in-law, Hisham al-Marsa.

The academy’s real goal is to recruit youth, as well as teach leaders and individuals the methods of creating change in countries and the principles of protest, in order to train Arab youth to overthrow regimes and destabilize security in Egypt, the Gulf states; Syria, Tunisia and Libya.



The Saudi journalist pointed out that the academy had networks that transferred information on what was happening on the ground to international organizations such as Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch, through the internet and social media, in order to strengthen international pressure on the regime, deprive it of international legitimacy and keep its allies away.

On his part, Bilal al-Doi, Director of the Gulf Center for Combating Terrorism, said in a statement to Youm7, that this academy is part of the Greater Middle East plan, which was prepared to spread chaos. It also cooperated with Egyptian human rights centers, including those of Gamal Eid, Baha al-Din Hassan and Nadim Center. There were young people who were among the trainees in these centers, including Wael Ghunaim, a political activist.

A list of 13-demands was given to Doha’s government by Egypt, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain for reconciliation which includes the closing of Al-Jazeera broadcasting; however, Qatar’s response was described as “negative” by the four countries’ foreign ministers in a joint statement released after holding a summit in Cairo, on July 5.

On Friday, July 7, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Bahrain said in another joint statement that the ultimatum that had been given to Qatar is now void, leading to further legal, political and economic measures against the government of Qatar.

“The Qatari government has purposely thwarted all diplomatic efforts to resolve the crisis and has rejected any settlements, reflecting its intention to continue with its destabilizing policies against the interests of the Qatari people,” the Arab quartet said in the statement.

They also condemned Qatar’s “lack of tact and respect” towards the Kuwaiti mediation, as it leaked the list of demands in an attempt to condemn the initiative to failure.
There are no comments on this article.

Leave a comment