CAIRO - 27 August 2022: The nation-wide human-centered development projects in Egypt Haya Karima has succeeded in bringing hope again to all Egyptians, with promising projects in different sectors, aiming at developing services and living standards at countryside.
Giza Governorate is living its best era with the first phase of the Haya Karima [Translates into Decent Life] initiative, which was a rescue locomotive that changed the lives of more than a million citizens in 42 villages in the El-Saff and Atfih centers.
Nearly 1,136 development projects were extended to all sectors of infrastructure and major services in the most important areas, including housing, health, education and transportation, with investments exceeding EGP 10 billion.
With the handing over of the projects of the first phase of the initiative’s work, Giza Governorate is preparing to start the second phase with three new centers, Manshiyat Al-Qanater, Al-Ayat and Al-Badrashin, which include 83 villages, with a total of 1.5 million citizens benefiting.
The development projects expected to take place include implementation of drinking water, sanitation, electricity and gas projects, health and educational facilities, and youth centers.
In the lines below, et reviews the most prominent features of the first phase of the "Haya Karima" initiative in the villages of Giza Governorate:
- Developing the infrastructure of the water sector by changing the lines, replacing and renewing the old ones.
- The number of projects in the education sector reached 80, including the establishment of new schools, the replacement, renewal, and expansion of schools to accommodate student densities.
- Implementation of 36 projects in the health sector to raise the efficiency of hospitals, and establish health centers and units at the highest level to provide adequate health care to citizens.
- Atfih Center is witnessing the construction of 6 giant service complexes, a veterinary complex and a technology center to provide all citizens' needs.
- The implementation rate in the Family Medicine Center and the Agricultural Services Complex has reached 90% in the village of Al-Kadaya, which is affiliated with the Atfih Center.
- Completing the implementation of the entire governmental services complex, Hamza Abdul Muttalib School, Al Kedaya Primary School, and the ambulance point in Al Kedaya village of Atfih Center.
- Completion of nearly 90% of the work of the sewage treatment plant in Al-Brumbel, which depends on the triple treatment, with a capacity of 15,000 cubic meters, and serves 4 main villages in Giza Governorate, namely Al-Barembel, Al-Khurman, Al-Karimat and Deir Al-Maimoun, representing approximately 150,000 people.
- The completion of the handover of youth centers in Al-Saff and Atfih centers.
- Rehabilitation of the Abd al-Azim Abu Eisha Experimental Language School and the Salam School for Basic Education in Kafr al-Wasilin.
- Establishment of the government services complex in Al-Qababat.
- Construction of two main treatment plants in Kafr Al-Wasilin, and sewage lift in the domes.
- Establishment of a health unit in Kafr Al-Wasilin.
- Completing 99% of educational services projects, and exceeding 85% of infrastructure projects implementation rates, including sewage, drinking water, gas, electricity, and government complexes for 85% in the villages of Atfih Center.
- Completion of 90% of the sewage treatment plant works in the village of Musa Mosque, which will work with triple treatment with a capacity of 22,000 m3/day, and will serve 5 villages in Atfih.
- Raising the efficiency and establishing expansions at Nazlat Tarjem School for Basic Education in the village of Sol in Atfih.
- Establishment of the urban market in the village of Sol, on an area of 9,000 square meters, with a capacity of 96 shops, and at a total cost of EGP 18 million.
- Establishing the government services complex, which includes postal services, social solidarity, catering, the civil registry, the technology center, and the local unit in the Saf center.
- Establishment of 5 service complexes in the villages of Al-Saff Center.
- Establishing natural gas and sewage projects, lifting stations and tertiary treatment plants, to benefit from them in irrigating tree forests and maximizing the use of water.
- Establishment of the Agricultural Services Complex, which includes a veterinary unit and an agricultural extension association to provide agricultural consultations and advice to farmers.
- Establishment and development of the Eastern Shoubak Youth Center on an area of 1,400 square meters, and includes an administrative building, activities, two five-a-side playgrounds and a nursery terrace.
- The establishment of the integrated government and agricultural services complex in Nazlat Al-Shoubak to serve 60,000 people, and it includes a technology center, a civil registry, offices for supply services, solidarity, real estate registration, local unit, the local council of the village, and service offices.
- Executing the expansion and development of the school complex, which includes 3 schools for the primary, preparatory and secondary educational stages.
- Establishing and developing the health unit in Shoubak.
- Establishing a sanitary drainage lift station in Ezbet Hassan Othman to serve 10,000 people.
- The delivery of 99% of most of the projects of youth centers, educational services, schools, government and agricultural complexes in Al-Saff and Atfih centers, and work is underway to complete the implementation of road, natural gas and communications projects.