Looking for a filling lunch option or light dinner that won’t take hours to make or add inches to your waistline? Check out this easy and simple chicken kebab recipe from Humm Network that is both nutritious and filling.
1 kilogram chicken breasts, cut into thick strips
1 tbs onion powder, 1 tbs garlic powder
½ tsp cumin, ½ tsp thyme
2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbs barbecue sauce, 2 tbs honey
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Mix onion and garlic powders, cumin, thyme, salt, and pepper.
2. Add olive oil, soy sauce, barbecue sauce and honey, and stir together until combined. Set the marinade aside.
3. Meanwhile on a wooden chopping board, lay chicken strips directly under each other in a row. Take a wooden skewer, and drive it through the row of chicken strips directly in the middle. Add another skewer through the row on the left, and then the right.
4. Generously brush the marinade over the chicken strips. Flip the strips over, and brush the other side.
5. Slice the strips with a sharp knife between each skewer, so you have a 3 individual kebab sticks. Place them on a paper-lined sheet pan under the broiler for 10 minutes.
6.After 10 minutes, flip the skewers over, and brush once more with marinade.
7. Repeat until all sides are cooked through.
8. Serve hot on a bed of lettuce, or alongside salad.
Follow HUMM on Facebook & Instagram @HummNetwork
Leave a Comment