COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS particle Computer Generated- CC via Wikimedia
CAIRO – 6 June 2020: Egypt recorded 1497 new coronavirus, COVID-19 cases, Saturday, raising the total number of confirmed cases since the outbreak in Egypt to 32612.
Spokesman for the Health Ministry Khaled Megahed said in the daily briefing that 32 patients have died from the virus over the past 24 hours, raising the death toll to 1148.
As many as 380 patients were discharged from isolation hospitals after receiving necessary medical care, taking the number of recovered cases to 8538 so far, the spokesman said.
The number of coronavirus patients who had now been retested for the virus and received negative results has reached 9603, he added.
Earlier, the Egyptian government, chaired by Prime Minister Mustafa Madbouli, shortened the hours of the night-time curfew to start from 8:00 pm to 6:00 am for 15 days, in terms of the government’s new decision to cope with and mitigate the effects of the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
In a cabinet meeting attended by Minister of Health Hala Zayed and Minister of Higher Education Khaled Abdel Ghaffar, and other ministers, Madbouli announced that the new decision of the COVID-19 curfew will come into effect on Saturday.
All restaurants, cafes, cafeterias, casinos, night clubs, bars, shopping centers (malls), entertainment avenues, and other local shops will remain closed, the decision added.