Abdulrahman Al Owais, the Minister of Health - AFP
ABU DHABI, Jan 29 (MENA) - The UAE has confirmed the first case of Wuhan coronavirus.
The Ministry of Health said that members of a family coming from Wuhan in China had been diagnosed, according to The National.
The ministry said it is working around the clock to report more cases and said it was being treated in line with international and World Health Organization standards.
"The health care system is working very efficiently and the ministry is following the situation to ensure the safety and health of everyone in the UAE," the ministry said.
Wuhan city in Hubei province is the epicentre of the Sars-like respiratory illness that has killed 132 in China.
The number of cases in China jumped to 5,974 on Wednesday, up from 4,515 on Tuesday.