Sultan al-Jaber- Creative Commons via Wikimedia
CAIRO – 17 June 2017: UAE Minister of State Dr. Sultan al-Jaber said on Friday that Qatar has adopted policies of supporting terrorism for 22 years, Asharq al-Awsat newspaper reported.
“For 22 years, Qatar has adopted policies that undermined regional and global security, through the direct or indirect finance of terrorism or by supporting media outlets that enable terrorist groups to promote their twisted extremist ideologies,” he was quoted as saying during his meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in Moscow.
Jaber continued that cutting Arab ties with Qatar is a “clear message” for Doha to change its pro-terrorism approach.
“Anwar Gargash, the AUE Foreign Minister said during his visit to London that the Arab countries that severed ties with Qatar, did not trust Doha, calling on Western countries to monitor Qatar to ensure that the tiny country stopped its support to terrorism,” The Guardian reported on Saturday.
“We do not trust them. There is zero trust, but we need a monitoring system and we need our western friends to play a role in this,” he was quoted as saying.
Arab and Gulf countries severed their ties with Qatar over accusations of “supporting terrorist group.”
Egypt, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain announced in a joint statement last week that they put 59 individuals and 12 organizations with ties to Qatar on their terrorism watch list.
Leave a Comment