FILE-Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly
CAIRO – 4 April 2019: Egypt’s Cabinet denied 10 rumors that spread over the last week.
The rumors propagated by media about the Cabinet's decisions are:
1) Forcing employees into early retirement to reduce the state’s expenditure.
2) Removing over 172,000 of beneficiaries from “Takaful and Karama” (Solidarity and Dignity) program to minimize the public budget.
3) Ministry of Finance pays the Suez Canal Authority’s debts that amount to $600 million.
4) The dollar’s exchange rate of the fiscal year 2019-2020 will skyrocket to hit L.E 18.
5) Imposing fees on families that have more than two children to raise the public budget.
6) Exporting a huge number of cattle infected by epidemic diseases and unauthorized vaccines.
7) The second year of the secondary stage is just an experimental year and its grades will not be counted to the overall GPA of the students.
8) The Ministry of Awqaf will fire Muezzins and Sheikhs after the success of unifying sermons in mosques.
9) Upon applying the third stage of hepatitis C initiative, fabricated news about throwing medical trash in residential areas such as Mohandeseen have spread.
10) The Ministry of Health set the special number (16010) for emergency, while the only verified number is (137).