Men in orange jumpsuits purported to be Egyptian Christians held captive by the Islamic State (IS) are marched by armed men along a beach said to be near Tripoli, in this still image from an undated video made available on social media on February 15, 201
CAIRO – 14 March 2018: Upon request from Egyptian Attorney General Nabil Sadek, Libyan Attorney General Abdul Qader Juma Radwan on Wednesday agreed to return the remains of the 21 Egyptian Coptic victims who were killed in Sirte by Islamic State (IS) terrorists in February 2015.
Siddiq Assour, head of investigations at the Libyan Attorney General's Office, affirmed that the Libyan authorities coordinated with the Egyptian authorities to send the bodies of the victims after DNA samples were delivered.
On October 6, 2016, the Libyan general prosecutor officially confirmed that they found the bodies of the 21 Egyptian Coptic Christians who were beheaded in 2015 by the Islamic State terrorist group in a coastal area of Sirte.
In September 2017, the victims’ families demanded the Libyan government return the remains from Libya to Minya governorate. They also called on the Libyan judiciary to arrest the perpetrators of the massacre and execute them in a public square, as well as publish their photographs on social networking sites.
On September 29, 2017, Assour said in a press conference that the bodies of the Egyptian Copts who were slaughtered behind the Mahari Hotel had been identified in Sirte and that the AG’s Office had all the information about those responsible for the slaughter, adding that one of the IS members who had witnessed the incident supplied all the information.