President Abdel Fatah al Sisi elections campaign first conference presented by spokesperson Mohamed Bahaa el-Din Abu Shoka, Monday January 29, 2018- Egypt Today/Aya Samir
CAIRO – 4 February 2018: "Alashan Tebniha" (To Build It) campaign has issued an official statement on Sunday presenting in it all the signatures and endorsement forms garnered for President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi and the campaign’s mission in the upcoming period.
“The signatures amassed until January 18, 2018 before the president’s declaration to run for the election amounted to 13,255,618 valid forms, and 279,234 forms that were discarded for having incomplete information,” the statement read.
The statement also outlined that women were the foremost signatories, with 63 percent of all signatures garnered having come from women. Furthermore, youths accounted for 34 percent for signatures as well.
“The campaign partook in collecting thousands of endorsement forms from all Egyptian governorates to aid in fulfilling President Sisi’s required election papers, to fulfill the millions of Egyptian signatories’ desire of having the president rerun, according to the constitutional and legal laws that grant him this right,” the statement also read.
The campaign affirmed its support for President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi and that it will aid him in the forthcoming race.
The full text of the statement is included below.
“‘Alashan Tebniha” Campaign Statement
Regarding the results of the campaign and our status on the presidential election
Dear Egypt’s honorable people,
This statement comes as a response to your popular campaign, “‘Alashan Nebniha” (To Build It), after approximately four months have passed since our launch to give you full inventory of the results and activities that the campaign has recorded. This statement comes at a time when a new stage of national efforts begins with the National Election Authority’s announcement of the launch of presidential elections in 2018.
The campaign’s philosophy has been built on accepting the internal and external challenges that face our dear nation in this decisive stage of its history. In addition, President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi’s performance during his first presidential term has fortified our steadfast trust and conviction that Egypt’s future of which we dream is a tangible reality that we are living in its achievements. Yet it requires of us all to stand united as one nation and to line up without prejudices; setting aside every miniscule personal and segmented good, and setting the homeland and nothing else before our eyes.
Within this framework, the president’s announcement to run for another term has been met by the campaign with satisfaction and appreciation for his response to the loyal nationalist voices of the millions of Egyptians who managed to deliver their voices to the president through the campaign. Furthermore, the campaign assures that in asking Sisi to run for the election it is asking him on behalf of the signatories to fulfill the following if he assumes office again: to purify Egypt from terrorism, to preserve its leadership abroad, to resume the national and strategic projects and initiatives already undertaken, to better the quality of education and healthcare and to end corruption.
After concluding the process of filtering and counting the signatures of your “‘Alashan Tebniha” campaign forms requesting that President Sisi run for another term, and the NEA’s announcing the commencing of the electoral procedures of the 2018 presidential election, we present to you the results of the inventory with a statement outlining the campaign’s status in the coming stage.
1. The numbers of signatures and endorsement forms achieved by the campaign:
1. The signatures amassed until January 18, 2018 before the president’s declaration to run for the election amounted to 13,255,618 valid forms, and 279,234 forms that were discarded for having incomplete information.
2. After demographically dividing the forms, it was discovered that women were the foremost signatories. Of the total forms signed, 63 percent were signed by women, which reflect women’s awareness of what has been accomplished so far in addition to their awareness of the dangers and challenges.
3. Egyptian youth represented 34 percent of the total signatories amassed, which reflects the youths’ awareness of the challenges facing the homeland presently. This participation responds to claims that youth refrain from participating.
4. The campaign partook in collecting thousands of endorsement forms from all Egyptian governorates to aid in fulfilling President Sisi’s required election papers, to fulfill the millions of Egyptian signatories’ desire of having the president rerun, according to the constitutional and legal laws that grant him this right.
2. The campaign’s status in the upcoming period:
1. The popular “‘Alashan Tebniha” campaign is announcing its support of presidential candidate Abdel Fatah al-Sisi and supporting him in the pluralist presidential election that Egypt is witnessing, according to the campaign’s steadfast faith in President Sisi, his faithfulness, and dedication in continuously working to ensure the rise of our Egypt and its leading position amongst the world’s nations.
2. The campaign will organize events to support candidate Sisi in all governorates during the upcoming period in cooperation and synchronization with the Nation’s Future Party, The Coalition of Love Homeland, and all factions and campaigns working to toward the same end.
And thus we present today’s “‘Alashan Tebniha’s” campaign statement with pride for all that we have achieved for the campaign’s supporters and the homeland. We are grateful for all those who have supported the campaign’s philosophy and goal in the few months that have passed until the campaign’s goal was fulfilled. We also thank all the campaign’s members across the Republic, you have shown that all voluntary movements and organizations are capable of expressing their dreams and achieving their goals in a creative and successful manner in harsh conditions. With complete confidence and without a shadow of a doubt, we are positive that we will cross over to the future and we will achieve all that we aspire to and all that is appropriate to this nation’s greatness.