Fri, 22 Apr 2022 - 04:26 GMT
Fri, 22 Apr 2022 - 04:26 GMT
CAIRO – 22 April 2022: Egypt’s authorities decided to close Rafah crossing from in both directions, on Friday and Saturday.
It was added that the crossing will be closed each weekend in during all official holydays.
The crossing will be re-opened again on Sunday and resume the operation the crossing.
The crossing has been opened according to directives of President Abdel Fattah El Sisi since May 16, 2021. This comes within the framework of the Egyptian efforts to alleviate the suffering of the Palestinian citizen in the strip, restore the normal life of people in Gaza and start the reconstruction process.
It is also part of the Egyptian commitment announced by Sisi to quickly improve the living conditions of the Gaza dwellers.
Egypt’s Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry head for Amman this week to take part in an emergency meeting of the Arab Ministerial Committee for the International Action against Illegal Israeli Policies and Measures in Al-Quds.
The emergency meeting of Arab Ministerial Committee for the International Action against Illegal Israeli Polices and Measures in Al-Quds on Thursday, Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry affirmed Egypt’s firm stance towards the Palestinian cause.
The meeting tackled the latest developments in Palestinian territories and ways of deescalating the situation in and around Al Aqsa Mosque. The Arab Ministerial Committee for the International Action against Illegal Israeli Polices and Measures in Al-Quds condemned the Israeli attacks and violations against worshipers Al-Aqsa Mosque.
The committee, in its conclusion statement, condemned the Israeli attacks and violations against the Muslim worshipers in Al-Aqsa Mosque after they dangerously escalated over the past days of the holy month of Ramadan and resulted arresting and injuring hundreds of worshipers, besides causing severe damages to the facilities of the holy mosque, affirming the Hashemite guardianship of the holy sites in Al-Quds under the rule of Jordanian King Abdullah II.
The committee members, including Jordan, Egypt, Tunisia, Alegria, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, Qatar, Morocco, and the UAE, called for removing all restrictions on the work of the Jordanian Department of Endowments in running the affairs of the Al-Aqsa Mosque.
“Israeli attacks and violations in Al-Aqsa Mosque represent a blatant provocation to the feelings of Muslims everywhere; they undermine freedoms of worship, incite violence, and threaten security and stability in the region and the whole world,” the committee said in the statement.
The Arab Foreign Ministers also voiced their rejection of all the illegal Israeli practices aimed at changing the legal and historical status of the Al-Aqsa Mosque. They also reject any Israeli attempt to divide this sacred place.
“Israel has to respect the historical and legal status of the Al-Aqsa Mosque and abide by the situation before the year 2000 as the area that had been allocated to the Muslim worshippers in Al Aqsa Mosque is 144 Dunams (144K square meters) and the visit of non-Muslims to this area shall be organized by the Jordanian Department of Endowments,” the Arab Committee members said.