Screenshot of General Manager of National Service Projects Organization Mostafa Amin/ Egypt National TV channel Screenshot of General Manager of National Service Projects Organization Mostafa Amin/ Egypt National TV channel

Cement mega project to produce 12M tons annually

Wed, Aug. 15, 2018
CAIRO – 15 August 2018: The area of the Beni Suef plant complex is five million square meters, on which is built three factories that produce 12 million tons annually, General Manager of National Service Projects Organization Mostafa Amin said in the inauguration of the largest industrial complex for cement, marble and granite in the Middle East.

The general manager noted in his speech in the presence of President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi that the complex contains 14 residential buildings for 1,600 individuals, besides green areas.

“The complex was implemented in accordance with internationally recognized standards and provides 1,800 direct job opportunities and 8,000 indirect ones for young people who have been recruited from Upper Egyptian governorates,” he stated.



He also noted that the expected domestic consumption of cement in Egypt by the end of 2018 is estimated at 59 million tons.

Amin added that the consumption will reach 86 million tons in 2022.

The general manager further announced the completion of lines number 3 and 4 of the second phase of the Arish cement planet to double the production capacity of the complex to 6.5 million tons annually.

He said that the provision of cement is one of the most important challenges facing the plans of housing, reconstruction and infrastructure projects.

According to Amin, the domestic production of cement reached 50.8 million tons in 2013 with consumption at 50.1 million tons, compared to the production of 54.9 million tons in 2017 and a consumption of 53.8 million tons.

He added that the private sector contributes to the production by 80 percent, while the public companies provide the other 20 percent.

Regarding the history of cement in Egypt, Amin pointed out that Egypt was one of the first countries to establish cement manufacturing plants, noting that the first cement plant was founded in 1911 in Helwan governorate.

The number of Cement plants in Egypt recorded 23 factories in 2017, he said.

Sisi arrived in Upper Egypt’s Beni Suef governorate to inaugurate Egypt’s largest industrial complex for cement, marble and granite besides the new production line of Arish cement complex via video conference.

The industrial complex comprises three major cement factories producing 20 percent of Egypt's cement production.

Each plant has production lines with a total of six lines sufficient to produce more than 11 million tons of cement per year and more than 37,000 tons per day.

The project took 18 months on an area of five square kilometers. Sisi ordered the construction in May 2016.

The complex provides thousands of direct and indirect employment opportunities, mostly to citizens of Upper Egypt.

Many national and international companies have contributed in constructing the complex.
 
There are no comments on this article.

Leave a comment