FILE- Spokesperson of Sisi’s election campaign Mohamed Bahaa el-Din Abuo Shoka- Egypt Today/Karim Abdel-Aziz FILE- Spokesperson of Sisi’s election campaign Mohamed Bahaa el-Din Abuo Shoka- Egypt Today/Karim Abdel-Aziz

Sisi’s candidacy for 2nd term pushed by people’s will: Campaign Spox

Mon, Jan. 29, 2018
CAIRO - 29 January 2018: President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi’s nomination for a second term in the presidency was pushed forward by the massive support of the Egyptian people, said spokesperson of Sisi’s election campaign Mohamed Bahaa el-Din Abuo Shoka in a press conference on Monday.


In the first press conference of Sisi’s campaign, Abou Shoka also talked in detail about the legal significance of the endorsement forms that were signed by the public to endores Sisi.




“The citizens who conducted the endorsement form should go himself to the election campaign headquarters to handed it the electioneerers,” he said, adding that a total of 915,000 endorsement forms have been submitted to the campaigners so far.


Those who are 18 years old or above have the right to sign the endorsement forms as the Egyptian Code stipulates, said Abou Shoka in the press conference. He added that minors who endorsed Sisi for second term will not be taken into account, however he gave them gratitude for their participation and support.


He continued that the election campaigning will start immediately after announcing the final list of the candidates.


Last week, President Sisi appointed Abou Shoka to be his legal representative and his spokesperson for the election campaign.



President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi and Chairperson of El-Ghad Party Mousa Mostafa Mousa are the only announced potential candidates for the presidential election due in March.


Five persons, who announced their intentions to contest the presidency, have dropped out. Former prime minister Ahmed Shafiq, Lawyer Khaled Ali, and Parliamentarian Mortada Mansour, and nephew of assassinated Egyptian President Anwar al-Sadat, Esmat al-Sadat withdrew from the race; former military chief of staff Sami Anan, who is still under the military call-up service, is being held by the military over accusations of “forgery” as he announced his running for president without having a permission from the Armed Forces.


The final results of the first round will be announced on April 2. If no candidate obtains the majority vote, a three-day run-off round will commence in Egypt on April 24, and on April 19 abroad.

There are no comments on this article.

Leave a comment