Queen Elizabeth - Reuters Queen Elizabeth - Reuters

Queen Elizabeth deeply sad by New Zealand shootings

Fri, Mar. 15, 2019
CAIRO – 15 March 2019: Queen Elizabeth, the head of state of New Zealand, said she was deeply saddened by shootings at mosques in Christchurch on Friday which killed at least 49 people.

New Zealand's police commissioner said on Friday 49 people were killed in Christchurch at two mosques and one man of four people arrested had been charged with murder.

As many as 41 people died at one mosque, seven at another and one person died in hospital, Mike Bush told reporters, describing the attack as a "very well-planned event".

The man charged with murder is in his late 20s and should appear in Christchurch court on Saturday.

"I have been deeply saddened by the appalling events in Christchurch today. Prince Philip and I send our condolences to the families and friends of those who have lost their lives," the queen said in a statement.

"I also pay tribute to the emergency services and volunteers who are providing support to those who have been injured. At this tragic time, my thoughts and prayers are with all New Zealanders."


 
There are no comments on this article.

Leave a comment