FILE- 18-year-old Egyptian student Mariam Moustafa FILE- 18-year-old Egyptian student Mariam Moustafa

UK foreign secretary offers condolences to Shoukry over Mariam’s death

Fri, Mar. 16, 2018
CAIRO – 16 March 2018: British Foreign Affairs Boris Johnson sent a letter of condolence for the Egypt’s Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry over an Egyptian student Mariam Mostafa’s death, according to a statement by the ministry's spokesman, Ahmed Abu Zeid, on Friday.

According to the statement, Abu Zeid said the Foreign Minister, Sameh Shoukry, assured his British counterpart that this painful incident should not pass without holding the culprits accountable for it as soon as possible.

The Egyptian consulate in London is following up with concerned authorities the probe into the assault to bring the perpetrators to justice, added Abu Zeid.

Her body will be returned to Egypt to be buried, he noted.

Mariam Moustafa Abdel Salam, the Egyptian student attacked in Nottingham, U.K., died on March 14 in hospital while being treated for serious brain damage after 10 girls attacked her.

Previously, Moustafa’s mother posted a video on social media, saying her daughter is in critical condition after being beaten by the 10 girls. She claimed that the assault was race-motivated, as her daughter does not actually know those girls at all and never talked to them before.

“Four months ago, two of the same ten girls abused my daughter in the street for no specific reason. We went to the police station and issued an official complaint; however, nothing happened,” the grieving mother said in the video.

She added that when the 10 girls saw her in the street walking alone, they attacked her once again and dragged her about twenty meters in the street. “She managed to get up and run towards one of the buses, but they went after her and started to beat her again. Just one man tried to defend her, but no one else tried to interfere,” the mother said.
There are no comments on this article.

Leave a comment